Monday, February 28, 2011

STAR AND STRIPES ARTICLE ON POST-9/11 G.I. BILL 2.0

VHA (Veterans for Higher Education), the updated moniker for J-CLEAVE, has initiated a media outreach campaign. Their efforts are responsible for the feature-length article on the Post-9/11 G.I. Bill (2.0) that ran today in Stars and Stripes. Kudos to Azar Boehm and Nick Lozano:
With graduation about 15 months away, Boehm admits he should be thinking about how to turn that investment into a career path. But instead he’s worried about finding $10,000 to finish his degree, since changes to the post-9/11 GI Bill rushed through Congress late last year will trim thousands off of his benefit.
“It’s extremely upsetting and sad,” said Boehm, who served in Afghanistan in 2009. “My whole plan in choosing a school was making sure I didn’t have any debts, not having any financial burden on me after graduation. But that’s what I’m looking at.”

The complete article can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment